Canada Guaranty Introduces the Energy-Efficient Advantage Program
May 9, 2013 | News Releases
Reducing our footprint means taking the right steps toward reducing our energy consumption. Canada Guaranty is rewarding those who purchase energy-efficient homes, or obtain mortgage financing to make energy-efficient home improvements, by providing a 10% refund of the Canada Guaranty mortgage insurance premium.
- Available on all Canada Guaranty mortgage insurance products.
- Purchase transactions: New Construction or Existing Home.
- Purchase or Refinance with improvements for energy-efficiency purposes.
- The Canada Guaranty Energy-Efficient Advantage 10% premium refund is eligible for borrowers with mortgage financing that is currently insured by Canada Guaranty and has funded on or after May 1, 2013.
- The request for the 10% premium refund must be submitted within one year of the mortgage advance.
- All applicable mortgage insurance premiums and fees on the original mortgage must have been received by Canada Guaranty prior to issuing the Energy-Efficient Advantage refund.
Should you have any questions regarding this new product, please do not hesitate to contact your dedicated Account Executive or speak with a member of our National Underwriting Team at 1.877.244.8422.